Retail Solutions Market Share Guide
IDC Retail Insights' Retail Solutions Market Share Guide examines solution-specific vendor revenue for the top worldwide retail vendors. Solutions covered are retail revenue management, mobile commerce platforms, ecommerce platforms, location-based mobile marketing execution, and applied digital asset management (ADAM). Unlike products that examine horizontal vendor revenue from either the hardware, software, or services perspective, this guide examines industry-specific vendor revenue at the solution level and provides a holistic view of the top vendors in the retail industry. This product can be used by strategic planners, market analysts, and others seeking to understand the market leaders and the opportunities by solution and industry.
IDC Retail Insights uses a combination of vendor surveys, proprietary models, and public information to estimate the total solution revenue earned by the top vendors in each of the five key solutions listed below. Depending on the solution, the vendors may be diversified, with only a portion of their total revenue allocated to the market, or specialized, with most or all of their revenue in that market. The key solutions have been selected to fit the following characteristics:
- High growth rate relative to overall retail IT spending as a whole
- Lack of detailed and reliable public information on supplier revenue in the specific market because either most vendors are private companies or the public vendors do not segment revenue at the necessary detail
- High rate of technological change leading to disruptive market economics and evolving vendor landscape
- Current importance to the specific vertical industry and ongoing relevance to the IT and business process landscape
IDC Retail Insights' Retail Solutions Market Share Guide will be closely linked to IDC MarketScape reports in the relevant subscription research services, which will provide greater detail on the individual competitors. Important competitors in the retail market will continue to be added over time. The Retail Solutions Market Share Guide complements existing products such as IDC Retail Insights Worldwide IT Spending Guide. Subscribers will be able to use these products in conjunction to create custom views of key competitors, suppliers, or markets.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Retail revenue management
- Mobile commerce platforms
- eCommerce platforms
- Location-based mobile marketing execution
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Who are the top vendors and how much revenue does each vendor derive from a particular retail solution?
- Which vendors hold the largest share of the retail solutions market?
- What is the total opportunity for specific retail solutions in the United States?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Retail Insights' Retail Solutions Market Share Guide is ideally suited to support the needs of product stakeholders at IT vendors to the retail industry; chief information officers (CIOs) and other executives in the retail industry; vendor managers of product development, sales and marketing, strategic planning, and mergers and acquisitions; and investment bankers with an interest in the retail IT market. IT executives and end users will be able to use this product to validate their own assumptions of the market's leading vendors as well as to develop a reliable "short list" of key vendors for select solutions.
Return on Research Investment
- Identify major vendors, potential company viability, overall vendor landscape, and solution strengths and weaknesses
- Assist retail sector IT suppliers to identify market opportunity and execute an effective strategy that impacts competitive positioning and partnerships
Standard Subscription Deliverables
IDC Retail Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-ri.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Retail Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Join Our Community
Our IDC Insights Community is designed to enable technology buyers to engage with our industry analysts, share knowledge and best practices, and connect with colleagues. To participate in our community, members create a profile to:
- Participate in our discussions in our blogs, forums, and polls
- Learn about and share best practices, tips, tricks, and tools related to business/technology alignment
- Network with colleagues and join groups within each industry
- Provide feedback to IDC's industry analysts and hear what we're up to
Visit us at: http://idc-insights-community.com and join our conversations.
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Retail Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.