Asia/Pacific IT Opportunity: Retail
The Asia/Pacific IT Opportunity: Retail research advisory service provides subscribers with insights into the Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) retail industry by collaborating with retail, IT services, and product companies. The main focus of this service is the application of information and communication technology (ICT) strategies to improve retail supply chain, merchandising and demand planning, store operations, omnichannel customer experiences, and overall business performance management. It includes regional- and country-level estimates on ICT spending in the sector, competitive assessments of ICT vendors, and continuous monitoring of the retail market aimed at identifying key business and ICT investment trends.
This advisory service develops unique analysis and comprehensive data through IDC Retail Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, retail CIOs and line-of-business executives, and ICT product and service vendors. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports. Our analysts are also available to provide personalized advice for retail/wholesale executives and ICT vendors to help them make better-informed decisions.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Retail market trends/predictions, ICT requirements, and investment directions
- IT budget dynamics and vendor selection criteria
- Competitive landscape analysis of top ICT vendors
- Country-level data and insights for Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam
- Retail segment–specific trends(e.g., food and grocery, apparel and department stores, consumer electronics, and convenience stores)
- Impact of the business environment on ICT demand
- Investment outlook for enterprise solutions (e.g., ERP and CRM) and industry-specific applications (including point of sales, self-checkouts, self-scanning systems, merchandise and promotion management, inventory management, and ecommerce)
- Investment outlook for new and emerging technologies (e.g., mobile retail apps, cloud computing, contactless and mobile payments, social media, and RFID/sensor networks)
- Patterns of IT adoption in large retail chains versus retail SMBs
- Retail market structure and key performance indicators
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How can retailers leverage loyalty management applications and customer-facing technologies to attract and retain customers?
- How much is IT spending by the retail segment, by country, and/or by application area?
- What are the emerging networking, mobile, point-of-sale, and wireless technologies, and what is their impact on retail business processes?
- What are the IT adoption and spending patterns in the various retail sub-industries?
- What are the key business trends and directions for ICT investments in the retail industry?
Who Should Subscribe
IDC Retail Insights' Asia/Pacific IT Opportunity: Retail research advisory service is ideally suited to support retailers and ICT vendors targeting the Asia/Pacific retail market. Industry-specific software providers and systems integrators will find this service valuable for gaining additional insight into the needs and investment trends in retail in Asia/Pacific.
Return on Research Investment
- Gain a better understanding of new technologies to arrive at the best solution available in the market
- Determine IT adoption trends in the retail market segment for your offering by knowing retail industry drivers and inhibitors of future IT investments by IT hardware, software, and services
- Learn best practices from IDC's interactions with CXOs
- Map your offerings to retail priorities and solutions by tracking retail spending at a deep-domain level and determining spending trends in countries and subsegments
- Position your offering against your competitors
Standard Subscription Deliverables
IDC Retail Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; and custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-ri.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Retail Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Join Our Community
Our IDC Insights Community is designed to enable technology buyers to engage with our industry analysts, share knowledge and best practices, and connect with colleagues. To participate in our community, members create a profile to:
- Participate in our discussions in our blogs, forums, and polls
- Learn about and share best practices, tips, tricks, and tools related to business/technology alignment
- Network with colleagues and join groups within each industry
- Provide feedback to IDC's industry analysts and hear what we're up to
Visit us at: http://idc-insights-community.com and join our conversations.
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Retail Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.