Worldwide Retail Industry IT Spending Guide
IDC Retail Insights' Worldwide Retail Industry IT Spending Guide is a semiannual analysis of the current status and projected growth of IT spending in the global retail industry. This global five-year outlook on IT spending by retail companies provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market strategies and provides end users with information that enables them to compare their spending with that of the rest of the industry. This service combines IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry knowledge provided by IDC Retail Insights analysts and ongoing primary research in the retail industry.
The Worldwide Retail Industry IT Spending Guide is developed and updated through IDC Retail Insights' ongoing research, along with direct communications with industry experts, retail executives, and vendors. Via this service, IDC Retail Insights offers the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data on the retail industry, providing a profile of IT spending across 27 technologies, 4 geographic regions, 10 retail sub-industries, 10 industry lines of business, and 5 company revenue bands.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Company revenue
- Company size
- Geographic region
- Segment-specific information, including grocery, general merchandise, specialty, and convenience sectors
- Technology (hardware, software, and services), including key applications such as POS hardware and software, RFID, and customer relationship management
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the impact of changes in economics and policy on IT spending?
- What impact is the rapid growth in developing countries having on retailer IT spending?
- How are technologies including cloud, social, mobile, and big data impacting retail technology spending in traditional spend areas?
- What market developments (M&A, consolidation, global retailer expansion, and hyper-competition) are driving key growth opportunities for IT vendors?
- How does the outlook for IT spending differ among the lines of business?
Who Should Subscribe
The Worldwide Retail Industry IT Spending Guide is ideally suited to support the needs of horizontal IT and retail-focused vendors by providing them with key information needed to develop effective industry-focused product and marketing strategies.
Return on Research Investment
- Enables comparisons of IT spending with retailers of similar size and segment focus
- Allows for understanding of the relative size of both macro-level enterprise IT spending as well as over 20 industry-specific technology categories
- Provides details behind the current and future retail IT investment priorities
- Outlines specific metrics to allow for development of industry-specific go-to-market strategies
- Gives market size and growth rate details for multiple segments, retailer size, and geographic trade areas
- Supports competitive positioning and market share determination
Standard Subscription Deliverables
IDC Retail Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-ri.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Retail Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Join Our Community
Our IDC Insights Community is designed to enable technology buyers to engage with our industry analysts, share knowledge and best practices, and connect with colleagues. To participate in our community, members create a profile to:
- Participate in our discussions in our blogs, forums, and polls
- Learn about and share best practices, tips, tricks, and tools related to business/technology alignment
- Network with colleagues and join groups within each industry
- Provide feedback to IDC's industry analysts and hear what we're up to
Visit us at: http://idc-insights-community.com and join our conversations.
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Retail Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.